The LendKey Difference
LendKey matches consumers with community lenders to create the most transparent, accessible and low-cost borrowing options in online lending.
Students and parents prefer LendKey to other lending options for three primary reasons:
Simply put, community lenders like not-for-profit credit unions and community banks offer consumers the best opportunity for loan approval. With a cheaper cost of funds than commercial banks and other online lenders, community lenders are able to pass on those savings in the form of lower rates and a higher approval rate.
Transparency & Choice
It is important for students to know everything about their borrowing decisions, and LendKey is dedicated to not only providing financial education guides and information, but also to building interactive tools that show students how each decision impacts their loan. By representing hundreds of community lenders across the country, LendKey empowers students and families to pick the loan that is right for them.
While each loan on LendKey is funded by community lenders, LendKey builds a lifelong relationship with each borrower provides the best customer service in the industry. According to an internal survey 97% of LendKey borrowers are happy with their loan and their experience (1,000+ responses). Borrowers are not treated as “leads” or sent to any other site during the origination process or at any time during the life of the loan. This means that the same customer service reps that are available to answer questions for a borrower during the application process are the same that are available to the borrower to answer any questions about their loan until a final repayment is made.
Private Student Loan Rates (as of June 2017)
Variable Rate Private Student Loan
• 10-year term (+ up to 5yrs in school): 3.74% – 8.74% APR
Fixed Rate Private Student Loan
• 10-year term (+ up to 5yrs in school): 5.75% – 9.94% APR
Private Student Loan Product Benefits
• Available for both undergraduate and graduate school student loans
• 0.25% Interest Rate Reduction with automatic payments
• Interest paid on private student loans may be tax deductible
• No origination fees or prepayment penalties
• Cosigner release available
• 30-day no-fee return policy for all borrowers
• All loans funded by community lenders like not-for-profit credit unions and community
• Funds can be used to pay for qualified education expenses, including:
o Roomandboard o Books