1. Variable rates starting at 2.79% APR (including 0.25% Auto Pay discount). Auto Pay discount: If you make monthly payments by an automatic, monthly deduction from a savings or checking account, your rate will be reduced by one quarter of one percent (0.25%) for so long as you continue to make automatic, electronic monthly payments. Not all borrowers will qualify for our lowest rates, and your rate will be based on creditworthiness at time of application.
2. 9 month grace period (3 months more than most lenders). Not available for borrowers who choose Earnest’s Principal and Interest Repayment plan while in school.
3. Skip a payment once per year (once repayment period restarted). Earnest clients may skip one payment every 12 months. Your first request to skip a payment can be made once you’ve made at least 6 months of consecutive on-time payments, and your loan is in good standing. The interest accrued during the skipped month will result in an increase in your remaining minimum payment. The final payoff date on your loan will be extended by the length of the skipped payment periods. Please be aware that a skipped payment does count towards the forbearance limits outlined in your loan agreement. Please note that skipping a payment is not guaranteed and is at Earnest’s discretion. Your monthly payment and total loan cost may increase as a result of postponing your payment and extending your term.
Private Student Loan Fixed Headline Rates: 4.49% – 12.78% (includes 0.25% autopay discount)
Private Student Loan Variable Headline Rates: 2.79% – 11.44% (includes 0.25% autopay discount)
We encourage students and families to start with savings, grants, scholarships, and federal student loans to pay for college. Students and families should evaluate all anticipated monthly loan payments, and how much the student expects to earn in the future, before considering a private student loan.
This information is for undergraduate borrowers attending degree-granting schools. Borrowers must be U.S. citizen or a permanent resident if the school is located outside the United States. Non-U.S. citizen borrower who reside in the U.S. are eligible with a creditworthy cosigner (who must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident) and required U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS) documentation. U.S. citizens and permanent residents enrolled in eligible study abroad programs or who are attending or have attended schools located outside the U.S. are also eligible. Applications are subject to a requested minimum loan amount of $1,000. Current credit and other eligibility criteria apply.
1. Although we do not charge you a penalty or fee if you prepay your loan, any prepayment will be applied as provided in your promissory note: First to Unpaid Fees and costs, then to Unpaid Interest, and then to Current Principal.
2. Borrower or cosigner must enroll in auto debit through Sallie Mae to receive a 0.25 percentage point interest rate reduction benefit. This benefit applies only during active repayment for as long as the Current Amount Due or Designated Amount is successfully withdrawn from the authorized bank account each month and may be suspended during periods of forbearance or deferment, if available for the loan.
3. Loan amount cannot exceed the cost of attendance less financial aid received as certified by the school. Sallie Mae reserves the right to approve a lower loan amount than the school-certified amount. Miscellaneous personal expenses (such as a laptop) may be included in the cost of attendance for students enrolled at least half time.
4. Only the borrower may apply for cosigner release. Borrowers who meet the age of majority in their state may apply for cosigner release by providing proof of graduation (or completion of certification program), income, and U.S. citizenship or permanent residency (if your status has changed since you applied). In the last 12 months, the borrower must be current on all Sallie Mae serviced loans (including no hardship forbearances or modified repayment programs) and have paid ahead or made 12 on-time principal and interest payments on each loan requested for release. When the cosigner release application is processed, the borrower must demonstrate the ability to assume full responsibility of the loan(s) individually, and pass a credit review that demonstrates a satisfactory credit history including but not limited to no: open bankruptcy, open foreclosure, student loan(s) in default or 90 day delinquencies in the last 24 months. Requirements are subject to change.
SALLIE MAE RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MODIFY OR DISCONTINUE PRODUCTS, SERVICES, AND BENEFITS AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE.
Information advertised valid as of 9/25/2019.
Sallie Mae Loans are made by Sallie Mae Bank or a lender partner.
TuitionChart is not the creditor for these loans and is compensated by Sallie Mae for the referral of Sallie Mae Loan customers. Sallie Mae, the Sallie Mae logo, and other Sallie Mae names and logos are service marks or registered service marks of Sallie Mae Bank. All other names and logos used are the trademarks or service marks of their respective owners.
Discover Student Loans
1Aggregate loan limits apply.
2At least a 3.0 GPA or equivalent qualifies for a one-time cash-reward of 1% of the loan amount of each new Discover undergraduate and graduate student loan. Reward redemption period is limited. Please visit DiscoverStudentLoans.com./Reward for any applicable reward terms and conditions.
College Ave Student Loans
College Ave Student Loans products are made available through either Firstrust Bank, member FDIC or M.Y. Safra Bank, FSB, member FDIC. All loans are subject to individual approval and adherence to underwriting guidelines. Program restrictions, other terms, and conditions apply.
Wells Fargo Student Loan
Rates displayed are the Wells Fargo Collegiate® Loan rates for undergraduate students attending traditional four-year schools. Other products, rates and terms are available.
- The lowest quoted Annual Percentage Rate (APR) includes a customer interest rate discount of 0.25% for having a prior student loan with Wells Fargo or a qualifying Wells Fargo consumer checking account. Variable interest rates are based on an Index, plus a margin. The Index is equal to the Prime rate published in The Wall Street Journal. The APR for a variable rate loan may increase during the life of the loan if the index increases. This may result in higher monthly payments. Rates are current as of 06/15/2019 and subject to change without notice. Wells Fargo reserves the right to change rates, terms, and fees at any time. Your actual APR will depend upon your credit transaction and credit history, and will be determined when a credit decision is made.
- Discount eligible during application: You may qualify for a relationship interest rate discount if you or your cosigner (if applicable) has any of the following with Wells Fargo prior to your Final Loan Disclosure being issued:
- A Portfolio by Wells Fargo® relationship — 0.50% discount
Portfolio by Wells Fargo® relationship checking accounts: Private Bank Checking, Private Bank Dividend Checking, Private Bank Interest Checking, Wells Fargo Portfolio Checking, Wells Fargo Prime Checking®.
- A qualifying Wells Fargo consumer checking account — 0.25% discount
Wells Fargo consumer checking accounts: Complete Advantage® Checking, Crown Banking® Checking, Custom Management® Checking, Gold Package® Checking, Opportunity Checking®, Premium Membership® Checking, Way2Save® Checking, Wells Fargo College Checking®, Wells Fargo Everyday Checking, Wells Fargo Preferred Checking, Wells Fargo At WorkSM Checking.
- A prior federal or private student loan made by Wells Fargo — 0.25% discount (prior Wachovia federal student loans are not eligible).
Only one qualifying relationship discount will apply. You will receive the applicable discount for the life of the loan.
Discount eligible during repayment:
- Automatically withdrawn payment discount – You may qualify for a 0.25% interest rate discount during repayment if you set up automatically withdrawn payments (via ACH), directly with Wells Fargo Education Financial Services (EFS), from a designated deposit account. This discount does not apply to bill pay or automatic transfers not set up directly with Wells Fargo EFS. If the automatic payment is canceled at any time after repayment begins, the discount will be lost until automatic payment is reinstated. The 0.25% interest rate reduction is effective the day after the first payment is made using automatic withdrawal during the repayment period. The discount reduces the amount of interest you pay over the life of the loan. The automatic payment discount may not change your monthly payment amount depending on the type of loan you receive, but may reduce the number of payments or the amount of your final payment. ACH payments and discounts will discontinue upon entering deferment or forbearance periods.
Wells Fargo reserves the right to modify or discontinue interest rate discount program(s) for future loans or to discontinue loan programs at any time without notice.
Deposit products offered by Wells Fargo Bank, N.A. Member FDIC.
- A Portfolio by Wells Fargo® relationship — 0.50% discount
- Wells Fargo private student loans are subject to credit qualification, completion of a loan application/consumer credit agreement, verification of application information, and if applicable, a self-certification form, the school’s certification of loan amount, and student’s enrollment at a Wells Fargo-participating school.
- Students are not required to make payments while in school. Repayment begins 6 months after you graduate or leave school. For the MedCAP® Alternative Loan for Health Professionals and the MedCAP-XTRA® Loan, allopathic and osteopathic medical students have a grace period of 36 months designed for residency completion after graduation. For the Wells Fargo Student Loan for Parents and the Wells Fargo Private ConsolidationSM Loan, repayment begins after funds are disbursed. Maximum in-school periods apply and vary based on loan product. Interest continues to accrue while you are in school and will be capitalized to the account upon entering repayment.